Sunday, June 29, 2008

Wheeler Farm and I should have stayed in bed...

A couple weeks ago I met up with my BFF (that's for you Stace) and we took the kids to Wheeler Farm. It was one of those days that nothing was going right and I kept telling Stacey I should have just stayed in bed! We met Stacey, Tanner, Lulu, and Jackson and the kids got their faces painted, jumped on a huge blow-up jumper thing, went on a train ride and then we wandered around to see the animals for a while. The kids were all being so good and had such a fun time!

My Sweet Coop

The Boyz...these cuties are only 3 days apart!
They got to share the stroller because I was a space cadet and forgot my stroller. Thanks for saving me Stace!

The girls showing off their painted faces

Tanner and Syd on the train

Mr. Jackson
I hope you don't mind me posting this Stace, but I just thought this was the cutest evah!

Brook is ALWAYS posing for pictures....I try to get candid shots of her and the minute she sees the camera she instantly poses. Too funny!

My sweet Syd

So I mentioned before that I really was feeling like I should have have stayed in bed before we even got to the farm and my luck didn't change once we got there....The stuff that was supposed to be "free" wasn't, so I ran to the gas station across the street to get some cash and left Stace with all 6 kids. The gas station didn't have an ATM so I ran to the store down the road and had to wait in the longest line! I was feeling bad for taking so long, so once I got back I was running across the parking lot in platforms and totally biffed it!! Luckily, no one was watching! I scraped up my knee really bad and could tell I had hurt my foot, but I was still able to hobble along on it. Stace totally laughed at me because anyone that knows me knows I am a total klutz! I was able to walk on my foot and I didn't want to ruin the kids day so I tried to ignore it. Once we got back to the car and I stood and talked to Stace for a minute with my shoe off and by the time I got in the car it was totally swollen and I couldn't put any pressure on it. I ended up driving home with my left foot...lol. We ended up at the ER that night and luckily it wasn't broken, but I was supposed to stay off it for 48 hours. The next morning Mark had to go to work and brought up our old umbrella stroller so that I could put Cooper in it and then Syd would push him around for me while I followed on my crutches! It was too funny! I was stuck on the couch for most of the day and took these pictures because the whole thing was so sad it was cracking me up! My poor kids!


"View from the shoe"
Syd LOVED playing Mom for the day!



Brook maxin' and relaxin' in the stroller


Syd almost dropping Coop while trying to put him the swing. She was too busy watching TV.


The mess that was my house. Notice the dirty plate.


Coop eating my shoe, cause I am a good Mom like that..:)

4 comments:

Emily Christine said...

I love the first picture of Cooper is my favorite! What a sweet boy! Looks like it was a great day except for the whole almost breaking your foot thing. Lol

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how big Sidney is!This is the firt time I have seen Cooper, what a cutie! It makes me feel so old when I see my friends with a bunch of kids! Crazy!

Anonymous said...

Susan! You are SO funny! I am sorry you got hurt. I know about those "Should've Stayed in Bed" days! I hope you get feeling better soon! Call me if you need any help.
Oh! BTW, your kids are adorable, and Syd gave a beautiful talk in Primary yesterday...although she forgot to mention the part about her SCREAMING during the whole ceremony! Ha ha ha!
Love you!

The Funky Bunch said...

Oh my gosh, no wonder you weren't at church yesterday! You poor thing! Geez, I totally know what you're going through though. At least you can use crutches and get around. Thank goodness for kids who are old enough to help! Did you go to the ER here in Tooele?? How was your experience??