Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I love to see the temple!

Monday, Mark and I celebrated our 7 year sealing anniversary! The day we were sealed is a day I know I will never forget! Unfortunately, I don't think that any of the temple workers there that day will forget either!

When Syd was a baby, she was what you would call "High Maintenance." And that is putting it mildly! While we were preparing to go through the temple we would drop our 9 month old off at one of the Grandparents houses to go to a temple prep class and she would scream for the entire hour we were gone. When it came to planning when we would take out our endowments, we just couldn't bear to leave her so Mark and I decided that we would do them on different days. Our poor families...I can't imagine asking them to come to two separate dates now, but they must really love us, because they never said a thing!

When our sealing date finally arrived, we were VERY nervous because we were going to have to leave Syd in the Temple nursery while we were sealed and then they would bring her in to be sealed to us. My Mom volunteered to stay down in the nursery with her to make sure she was OK, and much to our surprise Syd did great and loved the toys! My Mom came up once they were ready to start our sealing and Syd was fine when she left. Our wonderful sealer started and within a couple of minutes we started hearing SCREAMING from just outside the room. Apparently, she wasn't very happy they had taken her away from the toys! I remember looking at Mark with terror...we both knew it wasn't going to get better! The sealer continued and the screaming continued and I tried so hard to concentrate on what the sealer was saying. Many people have told me that it was one of the neatest sealings they had ever been to, but honestly I remember very little of what was said....sad hu?! Once we were sealed it was time to bring Syd into the room. The poor little thing was so worked up that we could not get her calmed down. I took her out into the hall and tried to stop her crying, but nothing helped so we were sealed for time and all eternity while Syd screamed!

After we were finished, I took Syd down to the dressing room to change and she was still freaking out. The temple workers were trying to take her out to the foyer while I changed because she was so loud but I wouldn't let them take her. I got changed as fast as possible and finally got her calmed down and then we went out to take some pictures. Wouldn't you know it, the minute we went out she was the picture-perfect smiling baby!

Despite things not going exactly as we had hoped, it was such an amazing beautiful day! I will never forget it! I am so grateful to know that I am sealed to my amazing husband and my family forever!




9 comments:

Nicole said...

I remember this day so well. You had such a beautiful glow about you, and I could tell your little family was so happy. I don't think I'll ever forget the screaming though...or the looks you kept giving Mark when you heard the screaming. Congrats on 7 years...and 9 years in December.

Anonymous said...

What a story to remember! Congrats, Susan!:)

Emily Christine said...

This was fun to remember hearing about! I'm so happy for you! :) Joni's friend, Laura, updated my blog backround. Isn't it cute?

Unknown said...

Beautiful pictures! Funny story too! I would have been embarassed!

The Funky Bunch said...

That's so cute. What a day to remember, for more than one reason!! I guess Syd just wanted to be heard! And boy was she! Congrats on the anniversary! Time just flies doesn't it??

Melanie said...

Congratulations! What a story about Syd! I'm glad you still have good memories about the day though. Your pictures are absolutely gorgeous!

Parrylarious said...

Ha, ha! I forgot about that. Sydney has grown up so much since these pictures. We still haven't met Cooper; we seriously have to make a point to come for a visit this month.

Tiffany said...

What a great story you have to remember!! Beautiful pictures!!!

Cindy said...

That's such a great story! I'm sure you were sweating at the time but now you have an even more memorable day to look back on. Congratulations!