Thursday, June 12, 2008

Way to "Grow" Coop!

Well I am a bit late in posting this, but my baby Coop is 6 months! I can hardly believe it! We took him to the Dr on the 29th of May and he was 18 lbs 4 oz (70th percentile) and 29 in (off the charts!) The nurse that measured him sat and looked at the chart before finally figuring out that there was a reason that she couldn't find his height on the chart. It was too funny! Mark is very proud of this and is already planning his football/basketball/baseball career. In fact, the other day I noticed that Cooper was reaching for things clear over on his right side with his left hand and I mentioned it to Mark. He told me he had already noticed this and that even average left-handed pitchers can make a lot of money! I just shook my head....lol. Brook is a lefty so my Mom and Grandpa would be so proud if Cooper was also!

Coop is rolling like crazy and scoots like an inchworm. He gets his knees up under him and then pushes and uses his head to help him along. He hasn't quite figured out the whole arm thing. He can sit, but ends up spitting up all over, so he isn't a huge fan. Besides Coop's cuddles; his laughing, shrieking and babbling are my favorite things. He is SUCH a loud kid! I have no idea where he gets this! (ok...maybe one...)

I also love Coop's hair, sorta. I love his big head of hair, but it honestly has a mind if it's own. The back of his hair sticks up like Alfalfa, so he wears it in a little faux-hawk. You should see the looks I get. Most people think it's really cool and cute, but there are others that will just stare or give me funny looks. Sometimes when he wakes up and is sweaty it curls and looks a little like Kenickie from Grease.....



And I have to admit that every time I think this, I also think,"A Hickey from Kenickie's like a Hallmark card"! I know! Horrible...lol.

Coop's new favorite thing is food. You can hardly blame the kid, his formula is so nasty and STINKS! We think it smells like turnips. Emily came out and had dinner with us the other night and it was time for Coop to eat, so I gave him a cup of pears. When he had finished this off he sat and grunted for more, so I made him some rice cereal. He still cried when he was done with that so I made him some more! We were all laughing so hard! The kid can put it away!

When they call dogs man's best friend, they totally knew what they were talking about! Cooper loves Shasta and laughs every time Shasta runs past him. It is so cute. I also haven't needed to buy a baby monitor because the minute Cooper makes a peep Shasta runs to his room and then back to me to make sure I am going to get him. If I ever let him fuss to see if he is going to go back to sleep, I swear Shasta gives me a "look"!

Sorry this is so fuzzy....I took this with my phone while walking through Wal-Mart. Syd was hopping up so that Cooper could see her and saying, "Boo" and he would just laugh and laugh. People were staring at us as we walked through the store. It was too cute!

P.S. Push pause on the music thing at the bottom of the page before viewing!

3 comments:

Emily Christine said...

Ohh my goodness. I love the video. I am still laughing about it. What an adorable little guy! Thanks for letting me come for dinner, it was alot of fun. I'm almost done with the book! :) See you Sunday?

The Funky Bunch said...

He is too cute. I love it! Our babies are getting so old. That's awesome that he's starting the whole crawling thing, very crazy. My little Brooklyn can't quite lift her belly up yet to get on her knees!!

Kristy and Erik said...

So cute,his laugh is so cute. Haydan was always of the carts on his height too,still is.It is good to have tall boys.