Because I have been putting this off for so long, I have thought several times about things I should be blogging and since there isn't anything especially exciting going on in our lives I thought I would share a few of these memories. Sorry these are totally random, but they were just a few little things I didn't want to forget.
Definately the biggest thing to happen to us this last year was a new member of our family! And not just any new member, a boy!! COOPER BRAXTON WILSON (formerly known as Braxton Cooper Wilson....long story) joined our family on November 29, 2007 after giving his mom trouble for the previous 8 1/2 months. He weighed 7lbs 13oz and was 20 inches long. We were shocked that our "little man" was not blond and bald like the girls, but instead had a full head of dark brown hair! Finally a child that might actually be recognized as my own! Coop has brought such a huge about of joy into our home it is unbelieveable. He is such a sweet little guy. When we found out that we were pregnant Mark and I honestly didn't care if we had a boy or a girl, but the minute I held this little guy in my arms I knew what everyone was talking about when they told me how special it is to have a son. I have also loved watching Mark with Cooper. They are such "buds" already. Mark is already talking about running football drills and taking him to BYU games. I also think Mark is relieved to start seeing other colors around the house besides pink and my 5 month old son already has over 60 pixar "Cars" matchbox cars ;). We love you Coop!



When school started this last year I also thought it would be a great time to start blogging. Sydney is my school lover. She cries when she has to stay home sick or if she has a drs appointment. She had been SO excited for school to start again and was up early on the first morning of school. We got her all ready, took some pictures outside and all climbed into the car to take her over. As Mark started the car, Syd yelled, "Mom, I just threw up!" I turned around, and sure enough, she had thrown up all over the car! Luckily my sweet hubby was going in to work late so he could go over to the school with us, and was there to help his prego wife clean up the mess. Syd was devastated when I told her she had to stay home. She was finally able to go 2 days later and was so happy. Here is Syd before the throw up:
And after:
Brooklyn also started her first year at Leap Ahead Learning Center with Miss Tara. I was really worried about this because she had some issues going the year before and is just a little home body. She is such a mama's girl. Luckily, Syd had told her all about Miss Tara and how nice she was and Brook only cried for a minute and then let me go. She made me walk her up to the door for the first week or so and then would jump out of the car running after that. I am so glad she loves it!
Halloween was really fun this year and for the first time ever Syd didn't have her costume picked out November 1st the year before. She wanted to be Hannah Montana (of course) but luckily I found a really cute witch costume which she loved. Brook's costume was a no-brainer. We had been to Disneyland in April and she was totally in love with Tinkerbell. Mark and I got a kick out of this because Brook is SO tinkelbell.....cute and full of attitude! I was just about to pop and wasn't felling real hot so I stayed home, passed out candy and watched my cute neighbor Paisley while Mark took the girl Trick-or-Treating with our neighbors.


Christmas was wonderful and such an amazing time to have a new baby in the house. All Brook wanted was a tampoline since our trampoling was demolished in the tornado (I don't care what the news people said, it was totally a tornado!) that ripped through our neighborhood. When people would ask her what she wanted for Christmas, she would say that she wanted a trampoline "cause mine is at the DUMP!" Luckily my parents came through for her. I couldn't bring myself to buy one 2 christmases in a low...lol. Cooper got a swing that he loves from Mark's parents and the hit present of the year was the Wii. I think they have honestly played it every day since we got it. My favorite part of the Chrstmas season was sitting in the family room with my family with the lights turned off and the million little twinkle lights on.


Christmas was wonderful and such an amazing time to have a new baby in the house. All Brook wanted was a tampoline since our trampoling was demolished in the tornado (I don't care what the news people said, it was totally a tornado!) that ripped through our neighborhood. When people would ask her what she wanted for Christmas, she would say that she wanted a trampoline "cause mine is at the DUMP!" Luckily my parents came through for her. I couldn't bring myself to buy one 2 christmases in a low...lol. Cooper got a swing that he loves from Mark's parents and the hit present of the year was the Wii. I think they have honestly played it every day since we got it. My favorite part of the Chrstmas season was sitting in the family room with my family with the lights turned off and the million little twinkle lights on.




2 comments:
Susan!
Welcome to the blogging world. I just started mine a few weeks ago so stop by and say hi. Cooper is such a cutie! Love his hair!!
Way to join in!! The first post is really intimidating and for what!?? Its crazy! Now that youve started though youll LOVE it! I started mine 2 months ago I think. Its been a lot of fun keeping track of things...I know exactly what you mean about the mushy mom brain!!!!
Post a Comment