Friday, August 29, 2008

The big 4-0...


40 years ago today Mark's Mom and Dad were married in the Salt Lake Temple and I just wanted to wish them a Happy Anniversary! Can you believe it? 40 years! What a remarkable accomplishment and milestone. In this time they have raised 6 beautiful, successful, spiritual children. They are grandparents to ALMOST 17 grand kids. They have attended countless baseball games, football games, piano recitals, school events, dance recitals, all to make their kids and grand kids feel so special. They have served as Bishop and Relief Society President. They have served countless friends, family members and neighbors. They have been examples to so many around them. And they have shown us how to have a happy marriage, filled with love, compromise and respect. I truly lucked out in the in-law department and am so grateful to be able to call them Mom and Dad! Happy Anniversary!!

2 comments:

The Funky Bunch said...

So cool to see people be so in love and after 40 years! That's awesome!

The Cook's said...

Okay, so it is such a small world. I totally know your in-laws, well I don't really KNOW them but my mom is like totally good friends with Mary Jane. Mary Jane and Jim used to live in my parents ward, ages ago and they raised some of their kids together. They still get together for lunch and stuff like that. My parents are Hanna and Everett Peck. You are really lucky they are fabulous people and I am sure are great in-laws to have. I hope they had fun on their Alaskan Cruise, my parents went on one in January for their 40th anniversary and had a great time.