Friday, July 18, 2008

Fun, family & fireworks!

I have to just say that I LOVE the fourth of July. It is one of my favorite holidays, just behind Christmas and tied with Halloween.
We had such a fun day this year...we had great BBQ at my parents with family, food and fun. What could be better?

We then left Cooper at my parents and took the girls to Stadium of Fire. The girls were SO excited to see Miley Cyrus.

The girls loved the skydivers

Syd was standing on the seat when they did the fly-by and she ended up jumping down and grabbing me when the jets passed. It was hilarious!

The girls loved the dancers....there were 1300 of them!

Brook and MarkieOne of my favorite parts of the nights was when they had three young wives talk to their husbands that were deployed in Iraq. It was such a sweet moment and I was in tears. After they had done this they invited several military families come fill in the remainder of the field for the show. What a sacrifice these families and our troops make to help protect our beautiful country! And of course Miley...the girls loved this, but I was a little bummed because she played quite a few new songs that the girls didn't know and they just sat there for a few songs, they did love hearing their favorites and we were all rocking out (OK, Mark wasn't rocking out....but I was totally dancing and singing along!)And then there were the fireworks, oh the fireworks! It was an amazing show and after about 25 minutes the song ended and we thought it was over. We grabbed all our stuff and started down the stairs quick, only to find out that they were just starting a whole new batch! It was fantastic!

7 comments:

Marc Gingell said...

So fun! I was going to take my girls but Marc was supposed to be in NY that weekend. We found out last minute he didn't have to go. They are also totally in love with Miley..and all things HSM!!! It's so fun. Tash actually has a poster of Zac Efron on her wall. So it begins...... haha

mommyshan said...

We were there... late, but Rae was all about Miley. We did see the dancers... they were awesome. And then when Glenn Beck had those military guys via satelite with their families... I was crying! It was a lot of fun. We really need to get Rae and Brooklyn together. Maybe they'll be in the same kindergarten class.

Kristy and Erik said...

Sound like you guys had a fun day. Your kids are so cute. All in americana shirts and matching. You are awesome. I can totally imagine you rocking out. You make me laugh.
Have a great day.

The Funky Bunch said...

Ok, so how did you get tickets to Miley Cyrus?? I tried for hours and couldn't even get 1!! You must have some special "in"!!! Looks like you guys had a fun time!!

Parrylarious said...

Cooper is such a cutie! I have to come and meet him. Emily and I are cooking up a lunch date or something.

Sher said...

Hey - thanks for looking us up! Love this blogging thing!! Your family is SO cute. See you soon!

The Cook's said...

Hello Wilson's, your family is so cute as is your blog! I just love that Brooklyn and enjoy her so much at church!