Sunday, July 6, 2008

Playing Catch-up...

Well I was just going through my pictures and realized how many things I haven't blogged! Because I am kinda OCD about certain things, if something isn't done exactly how I pictured it or had worked out PERFECTLY in my head I sometimes will just not do it. Sad....I know!

In order to not feel so behind and in keeping with the whole OCD thing, I decided to get caught up in one big marathon post...I hope you don't mind! :)

The day after Brook's b-day we took off to go see the Manti Pageant. I was in major need to get away and even though we came home that night, it was such a fun little break! We got down there pretty early and had the "famous" turkey dinner that the Manti stake puts together. My favorite marinade is the marinade they use on the turkey and it is de-lish! We decided to sit on a blanket rather than try and keep the kids on a chair throughout the whole thing and so we got there pretty early to get a good spot. We were all in awe of the temple, I had no idea how beautiful it is! We sat and played games and enjoyed the evening outside. Cooper discovered grass and would roll over to the edge of the blanket and play in it. We even got to see my bro Bryan who was there with his youth conference! When it was time for the show to start it started getting really cold and luckily we had brought some blankets and sleeping bags...it was freezing! The show was really fun and although the girls fell asleep towards the end, they really liked it also! If you haven't been to the Manti Pageant I would totally recommend it!


The girls had their year end dance concert and did such a great job...or so I heard! It has gotten to the point that because the girls have so many costume changes (we had 7 this year) that I watched as much of the show as I could from backstage! It is so fun to watch them enjoy themselves and have fun!

The kids have been out in the pool to keep cool quite a bit this summer and it keeps them busy for HOURS! I made the mistake this day to set up the pool too close to the trampoline, so they thought it was so fun to jump from the tramp into the pool! After taking a few pictures (bad mom) we pushed the tramp away, but it was so funny to watch them fly through the air!

Coop even got in on this pool day and got to try his new swimming suit out. He looked too cute! I stuck his feet in the water but he wasn't really sure what to think about it.


I mentioned before that Brook has been SO into Wall-e, so we went and saw it the night it came out. Brook took 2 of her little buddies and we went and had a great time. I absolutely loved this movie! Wall-e is darling and the sweet love story between him and Eve is too cute! After the movie we took all the kids over to the food court for happy meals and Brook was in heaven there with her friends. She thought she was such a big girl!

The only downfall to our night was this.....


The girls thought this was the funniest thing ever. Mark was out getting popcorn during the previews, so I pulled this up to show him how dumb this looked and now the girls want to watch it over and over!

And last but not least, we celebrated Canada Day in our circle with some great friends. Two of our neighbors are Canucks, so they make all the Canadian treats and we had a big BBQ. The kids had a blast swimming in the kiddie pools and had a huge water fight! Those Canadians sure know how to party! ;)

7 comments:

Emily Christine said...

Hey! What a fun post! The Manti Pagent looked fun- is it only during one time of the year?

The girls look very cute in thier costumes.

Cooper looks so cute in his little hat! I know its only been a couple weeks since I have seen him- but I swear he has grown!

Brook's party looked like fun. I want to see that movie. That preview really looks like the dumbest movie- ever. lol.

Amanda said...

Fun times, you're so good at taking pics of everything. I am but sometimes I'm not. My problem is printing them and blogging them. It's fun to see all the latest things you guys have been doing!

The Funky Bunch said...

You guys are busy, busy, busy!! You have the cutest little family ever. I love them! And how your girls pose, PRICELESS!! Ash does the same thing, it's hilarious!

Marc Gingell said...

Okay, so you know HOW MANY TIMES I have tried to find you on a blog or facebook or SOMETHING??? Holy crap :) Hooray for Lisa Wilson's blog linking me here! And you got your baby boy!! YAY!!! My kids ask all the time when we can go to Sidney's again.....

Parrylarious said...

Hi Susan,

I don't have your email address so I can invite you to my blog. If you want to send it to me I'll include you in my "elite" viewers....ha, ha ha!

Your AUNT Hollie

hollidae@gmail.com

Becky said...

I'm so sad to realize that I still haven't seen your little dude! He's just as cute as can be!! It's so fun to have a new type of child isn't it!

Unknown said...

Yeah, so I got the dyson right below your purple one. The purple one had more attachments than mine does. I am so glad that I don't sound crazy to be excited about a dang vacuum. I'm such a girl. =)

My background is newer...so thank you!! Since I use google reader I sometimes forget to look at people's actual page. =)